Vehicle Inspector - Phoenix, AZ
Reporting to the Inspection Manager, inspect vehicles for damage, missing parts, and mechanical problems upon arrival at the auction. Complete required electronic vehicle inspection promptly and accurately. Perform all additional duties assigned by the Inspection manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Maintain current information on manufacturer updates and changes concerning vehicles.
2. Complete inspection of arriving vehicles for damage and ensure vehicles inspected meet the program standards as defined by the account or contract. Complete end of term (E.O.T.) returns. Notify the manager/supervisor when a vehicle does not meet the standards as defined by the account or contract.
3. Work with bank and factory representatives on site to ensure a quality inspection is completed.
4. Complete all new hire and continuing training modules applicable.
5. Reduce arbitration vehicles and auction liability by completing thorough inspections.
6. Maintain a working knowledge on improvements and changes concerning body shop labor; maintain knowledge of current rates, labor and parts charges to ensure that ECR’s are completed correctly.
7. Submit completed condition reports to the facility inspection manager or designated account office by download from hand-held device or submission of written report.
8. Ensure proper follow through on all directives, bulletins, schedules and reports from auction management and corporate sources. Maintain a good flow of information and communication with all personnel.
9. Monitor all shop area conditions, vehicles, property and equipment to ensure they are within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety.
10. Maintain good operating condition of all equipment. Advise the Inspection manager of all equipment breakdowns and maintenance immediately.
11. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
12. Must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times.
13. Provide prompt and courteous service both in person and on the phone. Maintain a professional appearance and neat work environment consistent with company policy.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED, two (2) years of mechanical/automotive/inspection experience required. A general knowledge of automotive components and bodywork process and or physical damage training, along with basic computer skills preferred. Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
Must complete all required in house qualifications before achieving Vehicle Inspector II status. ADESA In House qualifications include but not limited to:
• Must be a Vehicle Inspector I for at least (6) six months
• Must show Cross Training capability
• Must pass and complete all Training Assessments
• Effective Inspection average must be greater than 90% for over 90 days
• Must show Teamwork and positive Attitude
KAR is an equal opportunity employer. KAR is a drug-free workplace.