Virtual Oncology Nurse Educator - Great Lakes - LYA10619
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Patients are at the center of our client’s business strategies. The Virtual Oncology Nurse Educators have primary responsibility/accountability for providing appropriate product related training for patients, after therapy has been prescribed by patient’s physician. Virtual Oncology Nurse Educator’s will help patients better understand their therapy and their disease, as well as provide educational support, including, but not limited to adherence education.
The Virtual Oncology Nurse Educator serves as a point contact for patients and caregivers to provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care activities offered for the client’s patient support program. The Virtual Oncology Nurse Educator provides patients with education and information to understand the Product and their disease, to educate patient about side effect management, and support patient adherence to prescribed therapy.
Additional Virtual Oncology Nurse Educator Duties:
- Assistance in the development of disease state awareness and product educational materials, at the request of the client, covering a variety of topics, including: on boarding, adherence and compliance education to improve the patient-doctor dialogue for patients prescribed the therapy.
- Product related training and patient education for patients.
- Provide therapeutic Patient Support information for patients.
- Provide education to help patients better communicate with their respective health care providers.
- Education to support prescribed therapy consistent with FDA approved indication and dosing, disease state information, and side-effect management.
Virtual Oncology Nurse Educator Qualifications
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree Preferred; BSN and/or RN licensure
• Current nursing license in good standing
• 5 + yrs.’ clinical experience in healthcare to include hospital, home health, pharmaceutical or biotech
• Previous call center experience highly preferred
• Nurse educator experience preferred; Oncology Nurse Educator experience preferred
• Direct patient education experience preferred
• Knowledge of clinical data and pharmacology
• Demonstrated time management skills; planning and prioritization skills; ability to multi-task
• Demonstrated ability to work with enthusiasm
• Demonstrated ability to be adaptable to changing work environments and responsibilities
• Fully competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and iPad technology
• Flexibility to work weekends and evenings
. Bilingual English/Spanish speaking preferred
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1110981