VDI Adminstrator/Desktop Tech Lead
VDI Admin & Desktop Tech Lead:
Functions as project lead over key initiatives related to new technology, VDI/View, DIACAP, antivirus and Microsoft patchwork.
o Develops complex system performance metrics to monitor up time and usage in the desktop environment.
o Applies advanced knowledge of operating systems, network administration, desktop virtualization via their VDI/View environment, the OSI model, TCP/IP principals, computer viruses, security and protocols.
o Manages Active Directory Group
o Functions as Lead technical resource and Subject Matter Expert for complex desktop problems. (includes Hardware, Windows, VDI/View)
o Collaborates with users, vendors, and other technical staff members on the isolation and resolution of on-going system problems and enhancements.
o Troubleshoots Horizon View Logs for efficient problem resolution.
o Trains peer IT personnel on VMWare View and Horizon usage.
o Monitors VMWare View usage and performance.
o Designs, develops, and monitors patch and software distributions to VDI desktops.
o Participates in developing IT best practices, policies, processes, and procedures for VDI environment.
o Performs other duties as assigned.
o Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Are you qualified?
- Do you have a High School Diploma, GED, or Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business, Engineering, or related field?
- How about 4+ years technical support experience in a large, corporate environment?
- Do you have 4+ years technical experience with desktops support?
- Do you have 3 years VMWare Horizon v7 experience?
- Do you have 3 years VMWARE VDI View experience?
- Do you have expertise with desktop environment, Microsoft Server, network administration, and operations?
- Do you have expertise with IT project management, including analysis, performance metrics, and collaboration with end-users and other IT staff, from planning through implementation and ongoing support?
- Are you a Microsoft Certified Professional?
- Do you have Comp TIA A+ Core Hardware and OSo VCAP – Architecture Certificationo VCP – VMWare Certified Professional?
- Are you experienced in the healthcare industry?