Market Sales Leader
The Market Sales Leader is responsible for leading the execution of DSD route sales in the market place. Success will be defined by sales growth, superior freshness, quality and profit growth, through continuous improvement.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Deliver on key performance indicators for revenue, volume and controllable expenses (freshness, inventory and labor) in order to achieve the key objectives for assigned sales area.
- Develop strategic plans to deliver on sales targets in order to grow overall business within existing accounts and pursue business relationships with expansion customers to generate new business.
- Engage sales people in all facets of planning route sales activity, including order management, daily distribution , merchandising, promotional activity, and holiday planning in order to meet the customers’ in store expectations.
- Hold sales people accountable for meeting key performance targets; execute procedures and programs to increase team productivity, team effectiveness, & quality of work.
- Engage and develop core competencies in sales people through training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance feedback in order to grow overall business.
- Utilize sales data to help drive effective decisions with the sales person as well as drive brand growth with customers through the acquisition of new space and displays.
- Establish effective customer relationships to initiate and maximize sales; ensure client retention by exceeding expectations with new and current customers.
- Execute on all growth opportunities to grow market share on strategic brands through the execution of incremental displays.
- Foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the development of self, others, and work processes.
- Responsible for recruiting sales people and supporting route splits and route productivity initiatives.
- Maintain accounts receivable, payment due balances, and SBT accounts per policy.
- Achieve the field safety goals; deliver on safety awareness programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero injuries.
- Seek potential new business and perform special projects and assignments as requested by Leadership.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree in business or related field preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 3-5 years of related experience in customer relations or sales. DSD experience is a plus.
- At least 6 months experience leading and influencing others.
- A combination of training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
- Travel Required.
Key Behavioral Competencies
Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Ability to respond effectively to direction if needed; works primarily as an independent contributor.
Guides junior colleagues to set tasks and achieve objectives within project timeline.
Accountable to lead entire projects having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to business results.
Ability to manage an advanced area of work.
Ability to manage a moderately complex problem.
Ability to exchange detailed information and communicate messages to reach consensus.
Ability to manage a project budget.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.